Nuquí is a municipality and town in the Chocó Department, Colombia. The municipality of Nuquí is located in the department of Chocó in the Western part of Colombia between the mountainous area of Baudó and the Pacific Ocean. Nuquí has a great ethnic and cultural diversity as well as a big variety of flora and fauna. Nuquí has 8.096 inhabitants, 3095 of which live in the municipal capital. The majority of the population are Afro-Colombians, another part of the population is represented by members of indigenous tribes. Nuquí was founded as a municipality in 1915, before it was a sub-division of the municipality Valle, Chocó.
Villages of the municipality of Nuquí
- Arusí (Touristic)
- Coquí (Touristic)
- Joví (Touristic)
- Termales (Touristic)
- Small-scale livestock farming and agriculture (banana, rice, cacao, mais, coconut, yuca and other tubers).
- Tourism: Ecotourism and community-based tourism. The municipality contains part of the Utría National Natural Park.
- Hot springs
- Beaches of Coqui
- Mangrove forests of Coquí for tours in canoes
- River of Joví for river tours
- Surfing zones: Playa Olímpica, Guachalito near Terquito beach
Alphabetical Index of Pages | Hierarchical Index of Pages
All content originates from the English Wikipedia, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0